Applications are accepted all year long. There are several steps to the process:
- Submit an application
- Complete a math assessment
- Complete the ACT Performance assessment
- Criminal history check
- Register for the program
Start Date - TBD
Graduation Date - TBD
The registration fee is $2,300. The fee includes all instructional expenses, books, supplies and equipment needed for the course.
Registration and Enrollment
Candidates that are accepted in the CNC Operator Academy must:
- Register for the course by completing and returning the forms received in the acceptance packet
- Pay a $250 deposit
- Pay the full registration fee at least two weeks before the first day of the course
Review of the Written Application
Staff will look for:
- Completeness and attention to detail in filling out the application
- Ability to convey written information
- Evidence of a desire to work in manufacturing
- Criminal history assessment
- References able to verify aptitude and work ethic
Math Skills Assessment
Success in the academy requires that every candidate have a specific foundation of math skills.
Two attempts at the math assessment will be allowed. Guidelines for testing are as follows:
- You will be scheduled to take the test in the presence of a proctor.
- Testing will be scheduled at the Kalamazoo Valley Community College campus unless you live more than 1 hour from the campus. Testing at a nearby location or private proctor will be arranged for those living more than one hour away.
Applicant will also be required to take the ACT Performance Assessment.
An interview will take place with every candidate. This is an opportunity for the staff to make final assessments related to the candidate's qualifications and fit for the course. Behavior-based questions are used to encourage the candidate to talk about their actual experiences and demonstration of specific skills. The interview is used to evaluate mechanical aptitude, understanding of and desire to work in the industry, and readiness for a full-time, hands-on learning program.
Candidates will be required to pay $10.00 and provide written authorization for a criminal history check.